Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The Chase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Chase

    I've been out of the loop with NASCAR for the last few years and am curious about The Chase. According to NASCAR.com the points are adjusted to

    1st 5,050
    2nd 5,045
    3rd 5,040
    4th 5,035
    5th 5,030
    6th 5,025
    7th 5,020
    8th 5,015
    9th 5,010
    10th 5,005

    I get that much. But what I'm trying to understand is do all the drivers race? Or is it only the drivers in the chase that race the final 10 races?
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Chase

    All drivers race

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Chase

    Thanks. But if all drivers race, are the ones out of the chase racing for money only? And what happens if a non-Chase driver wins the race? If this is the "post season" of NASCAR, all drivers racing doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't that be like having all the other NFL teams competing while the playoffs are going on?
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Chase

    [ QUOTE ]
    Thanks. But if all drivers race, are the ones out of the chase racing for money only? And what happens if a non-Chase driver wins the race? If this is the "post season" of NASCAR, all drivers racing doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't that be like having all the other NFL teams competing while the playoffs are going on?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Its all a money racket. Nascar does what it takes to get more money. I refuse to watch another race because of all the rule changes. I miss the good old days.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Chase

    [ QUOTE ]
    I miss the good old days.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    As do I.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Chase

    In the "good ol' Days" the points race would already be over with either Kenseth or Johnson winning the title. Everyone from 3rd on back would be out of the Championship hunt. With the new system, 10 drivers are back in the hunt for the Title.

    Not saying I agree or disagree with the new system, but it does add some added excitement to these middle races. The Richmond race and the previous 2 or 3 were pretty exciting watching people try to get themselves into the top 10.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Chase

    [ QUOTE ]
    I've been out of the loop with NASCAR for the last few years and am curious about The Chase. According to NASCAR.com the points are adjusted to

    1st 5,050
    2nd 5,045
    3rd 5,040
    4th 5,035
    5th 5,030
    6th 5,025
    7th 5,020
    8th 5,015
    9th 5,010
    10th 5,005

    I get that much. But what I'm trying to understand is do all the drivers race? Or is it only the drivers in the chase that race the final 10 races?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    All drivers do race. But like in Wrestling the winner is alreay picked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •